Saturday 1 March 2014

Magazine



 
MESSAGE
FROM RECTOR



“To thy own self, be true” are the words of ancient wisdom that I want to give as my message, even as the first batch of out-going students prepare to leave the portals of Loyola Women’s Hostel.

Whatever be the mood in which you came into the hostel, I trust that you would leave with a sense of accomplishment, of widening mental horizon and of deeply rooting your personality.

As you go out with the Loyola experience, you would surely want to be women for and with others.

One sure way of living out what you have learned in Loyola is to ask yourself what makes you come alive, truly alive. The go and do it. Because what the world needs are people who have come alive.


My wishes and prayers go with you. Flourish and be glorious.

Fr. Francis Jayapathy SJ Rector





 
FROM THE
DIRECTOR’S DESK






“I just jot down this message with an immense feeling of joy and jubilation after having witnessed to a good year of successful activities in our Loyola Women hostel.  Special thanks go to the Jesuit Management for their constant support.

My heart is really full of joy and gratitude when I think of my Assistant Directors who are shouldering my responsibility from dawn to dusk.

It is a great initiative that we are able to release the hostel magazine WE LIGHT 14 on the hostel day.  The magazine truly  reflects  the  creative  contributions  of  the  students. I  congratulate  the  magazine  committee  for  sustaining this wonderful initiative. Congratulations to all the office bearers, who had put in their  best  efforts  to  enable  a smooth functioning of the hostel.  I still marvel at all your unique and God-given talents and appreciate your sense of cooperation in various activities of the hostel that has helped to create a vibrant   atmosphere in every   sphere of hostel life.

The hostel life of students is a very significant part of their life where they live away from their parents, experience a newly acquired independence, make new friends, expand their  horizon  of  thinking  and  learn  to  make  their  own


decisions. All students fondly remember the time they have spent in hostels for good or bad. For many students, hostel is the breeding ground for many of their creative talents and extracurricular activities and for shaping their own personality.

I hope that the passing out students would continue to be in touch with us as good entrepreneurs in their own fields of interest. I am sure that they would relish and relive all the good memories of their stay in our hostel as they take their next strides forward. My best wishes to all the outgoing students. May the Lord of Love and Wisdom go with them wherever they go and work with them in whatever they enterprise.  All the very best, my dear students!

“To all of you, I repeat: Do not let yourselves be robbed of hope! Do not let yourselves be robbed of hope! And not only that, but I say to us all: let us not rob others of hope, let us become bearers of hope!” (Pope Francis)



Sr. Bindu Antony
Director, Loyola Women’s Hostel




By the time you read this, I will be out to pasture and a new editor will be tending The Hostel Magazine. When I became the
editor  this  year  (2014),  the  magazine  was  just  one  year  old. A decade later, it will be still very young compared to other magazines. We have tried very hard to make progress with each one. Certainly, we have plenty to tell you. The teamwork was much fun and are honoured that we initiated the Hostel magazine. We hope that you will like the magazine.

So many stories. So little time. Such good memories.

I am absolutely certain that we made our best to make this magazine dream come true. I hope that the following year magazine  will  be  more  updated  and  we  are  glad  to  bring up  WE  LIGHT  2014.  I  am  happy  to  have  been  involved  in laying the groundwork and I cannot wait to see what comes next.

It’s no secret: Editing the Hostel magazine is a great job. I know how lucky I have been to spend the best years of my life doing what I love at a truly extraordinary place.

…and the girls- as you can see- have done a great job. Thank you very much!


Aneetta Antony (II MA English) Vimal Johney (I MA English)

0 comments:

Post a Comment